Please Note: If you are experiencing an emergency, the following resources are available 24/7:
- Proceed to St. Martha’s Regional Hospital Emergency Department (25 Bay Street) or your nearest hospital emergency department.
- Call 911
- Nurse telecare: 811
- If you or someone you’re supporting is experiencing a mental health emergency, please call the NS Mental Health Crisis Line: 1-888-429-8167
- Good2TalkNS: 1-833-292-3698
- Crisis Text Line: Text GOOD2TALKNS to 686868
How to Access our Services
The Health and Counselling Centre provides primary health care to StFX students – including medical, sexual and mental health services – with a collaborative care team that includes physicians, nurses and mental health professionals. Our services are self-referral only. We’re very happy to partner with the StFX Students’ Union in providing an online booking and reminder system which has resulted in even easier access to our services!
How to book an appointment:
- If you are already registered with Health Myself, click here to book an appointment (either medical or mental health) with the Intake Nurse, or for STI testing and flu shots. You can also call us (902-867-2263) or stop by the Health and Counselling Centre (Bloomfield 305)
- Click here to register for Health Myself and book your appointment.
- When you book online, you will see all available appointments for the next 7 days. We also reserve several appointments every day for same-day access. Each weekday morning at 8:30 am new appointments open up, including the same-day access appointments for that day. If you try to book online and it looks like nothing is available, just check back at 8:30 am the next day and the newly opened appointments will be showing.
- When you receive an email reminder for a booked appointment, please check carefully for the time zone indicated in your reminder. The correct time for your appointment is Nova Scotia time (Atlantic Standard Time); not the time zone of your home province, as may be indicated in your reminder.
- Please note: If you wish to cancel a scheduled appointment, we require that you notify us 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment time, or a late fee of $25.00 will be charged to your student account. You can cancel online through Health Myself, by emailing @email, or by calling 902-867-2263. This allows us to offer that space to another student who needs it; please help us in not wasting any of our valuable health care resources!
Please note that the services you receive at the Health and Counselling Centre are confidential. We do not release information to your parents, your professors or anyone else without your permission or unless legally required to do so.
Mental Health Crisis Line
Nurse Telecare: 811
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner
1-877-880-7263 24 hrs toll free
St. Martha's Hospital
25 Bay Street, Antigonish
Crisis Text Line – text GOOD2TALKNS to 686868
GOOD TO TALK – to talk to someone call 1-833-292-3698