Music / Audiovisual / Microform Room
The Music/AV/Microform Room, located on the 3rd floor, entering from Chater Hall, contains our audio and visual recordings, as well as our microform collection of newspapers, journals and other sources, all of which are searchable through our online catalogue.
The Angus L. Macdonald Library supports the StFX Jazz Studies program with a comprehensive collection of over 6000 items, consisting mostly of CDs, including box sets, of which 69 are limited editions, plus 10 limited edition LP box sets. Well-known jazz musicians, as well as lesser-known artists and local musicians are represented in this eclectic mix.
The Jazz collection can be searched and requested in the Novanet catalogue, with most items available to be borrowed, although there are some items that can only be used in-library on equipment found in the Music/Microform/AV room. Contact @email to set up an appointment or ask a question about this collection.
Music/Av/Microform Room Features:
- 3 listening stations (1 CD, 1 cassette, 1 LP)
- 2 viewing stations (TV with VCR and DVD player)
- 2 microform viewing stations (1 microfilm/fiche reader, 1 digital microform scanner)
- CDs (3-day loan) – limit of 3 at a time (some exceptions apply)
- Videos and DVDs (1-day loan) – limit of 1 at a time
- Reserve items (3-hour loan) – limit of 1 at a time
Items "For Use in Library Only":
- All microform
- Audio cassettes
- CD box sets
- Reserve material
Our office also provides replication services when time permits. For copies of obituary notices or articles from our microform collection, please provide the title, volume, year, issue, and page of the serial, as well as the name of the deceased or title/author of the article.