Undergraduate students can pursue a Major, Advanced Major or Honours degree in Computer Science. Our undergraduate curriculum aligns with the current guidelines of the ACM and IEEE, which are major international professional organizations that provide curriculum guidelines for computing programs. Our core courses provide a strong computing foundation, while our elective courses keep up with emerging areas and the latest industry demands.
- BA with Major, Advanced Major, and Honours
- BA Honours with subsidiary subject programs are available with the departments of Economics and English
- B.Sc. with Major, Advanced Major, and Honours
- B.Sc. with Advanced Major in Mathematics with Business Administration
- Joint B.Sc. programs are available with the departments of Biology, Chemistry, Earth Sciences and Physics. Students interested in these programs should consult with the relevant department chairs.
Undergraduate student work opportunities
Our department provides a research-intensive environment where students collaborate with faculty and work alongside undergraduate and graduate students. There are many funding opportunities, scholarships and summer internships. Through the Computer Science Co-op program, students have the opportunity to complete 12-16 months of work experience.