Welcome and Orientation
Flourishing Foundations Pillar #2: Welcome and Orientation
StFX Orientation takes place the week before classes begin and gives incoming students the chance to connect with other new students, become familiar with their academic program, and get to know their way around campus. Our orientation program is designed to meet the needs of all new students. We also offer specific orientation events and transition programs for students in residence, parents/supporters, international students, Mi’kmaq and Indigenous students, Black students, and members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community. Don’t miss out on the once-in-a-lifetime memories made possible by StFX Orientation.
Every year we offer new events and programs, but every Orientation at StFX features:
- Welcome Days, including student check-in, information sessions for family and friends, the President's Welcome Ceremony, and more.
- X-Fest Events, including tons of social activities, engaging performances, concerts and giveaways.
- Friends and Family Information Sessions, including an online guide for students and their families.
- International Student Orientation, to support international students in getting settled and connected in the community.
- Residence Programs, including educational and social activities designed to help ease your transition to first year.
- Diversity Engagement Centre (DEC) programs, designed to champion the academic, professional and personal success of historically underrepresented student communities.