St. Francis Xavier University offers what so many of Canada’s top students are seeking: a high quality education, focused principally on the undergraduate, in a vibrant residential setting. Recognized as one of the finest schools in Canada, StFX is meeting the needs of today’s undergraduates through outstanding teaching, exceptional hands-on research experiences, the very best in a residential community, and unique opportunities to make a contribution to communities at home and abroad. This is the StFX way.
It all starts here with Canada's Premier Undergraduate Experience:
- Student Satisfaction - 93% is among the highest in Canada (Maclean's, November 2013)
- Approx. 90% full-time faculty, which means students are taught by full-time faculty from day one until graduation (no teaching assistants)
- Ranked #1 in academic reputation (Maclean's, November 2011)
- Received highest ratings in Canada in Globe and Mail's annual University Report Card in key categories such as most satisfied students, quality of education, class sizes, campus atmosphere and career preparation (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
- Ranked #1 in Canada no fewer than 5 times by Maclean's
- Home to Canada's strongest alumni network
- Highest Student Engagement in Canada (set national record in 2009 for student voter turnout - 60.4%)
- Home to seven Canada Research Chairs
- Approximately $250 million in infrastructure investment since 1996
Of course, to us, the most important numbers are the small ones, not the big. Because our overall student population and individual class sizes are kept modest, our students have unparalleled opportunities for learning, interaction with faculty, hands-on research experience, exchange programs, and, integral to the StFX mission, community service. That mixture—acting small but thinking big—is one of the key reasons we’ve turned out Rhodes scholars, world-renowned scientists, Supreme Court justices, religious leaders, business pioneers, internationally acclaimed artists, and a Canadian Prime Minister. People come here to lay the groundwork. They leave pumped about all the amazing things they can achieve.