To shape the future of the student experience, we have engaged the campus community in a series of consultations that have included multiple opportunities for all members of the StFX community to engage. The feedback collected urges StFX to build upon the strengths of our current student services model to adopt a whole campus approach that enhances existing programs, supports and services.
In order to make immediate progress towards achieving our goals, the following have emerged as priorities that could enhance our ability to support wholistic student success and well-being across multiple areas of focus:
- Develop an Integrated Mentorship Model
- Create an Extended Student Orientation and Transitions Program
- Formalize Collaborative, Wrap Around Supports
- Engage All Students in Meaningful Experiential Learning
- Radically Welcome and Engage Students from Historically-Excluded Groups
To inform the ongoing development of these priorities, we hosted a series of online Town Hall sessions for faculty, staff and students from March 16 to March 23, 2022. Feedback from the sessions has been incorporated into the Draft Student Experience and Opportunity Plan. You may still access the discussion papers below: