StFX’s thriving, eclectic arts and culture scene has always been one of its most appealing features. There’s truly something for everyone, which is why our students can be constantly found enjoying StFX’s and Antigonish’s creative side. Here are just a few examples of all the great things to do in and around campus:
- The StFX Art Gallery, established in 1976 to provide a new cultural dimension for Antigonish, its surrounding regions and the university
- Theatre Antigonish, a non-profit community theatre under the supervision of professional staff and based in the Bauer Theatre building on the StFX campus
- Festival Antigonish, the perfect passport to summer entertainment
- The Antigonish Performing Arts Series, which brings an extensive list of world-renowned touring artists to Antigonish
- The Great Blue Heron Writing Workshop, an annual summer on-campus workshop through which mid-level writers are invited to participate in one of four genres: fiction, poetry, screenwriting, and creative non-fiction
- The Antigonish Review, a well-respected literary journal publishing poetry and prose by emerging and established writers.
The sound of music, the rhythm of dance, the rush of live theatre, the beauty of photography, the vigour of political debate—you name it, it’s going on here. The campus is alive with something for every artistic taste.