Charles V. Keating Centre – Sunday, May 1, 2016
Morning & Afternoon Convocations
- Academic Processions, prior to each session of Convocation, will form promptly at 8:15 a.m. and 1:45 p.m. at the Oland Centre. The graduates will assemble in the Main Gym. Faculty will assemble in the Auxiliary Gym. Please do not congregate in the lobby of the building or outside. Please note: the procession will leave from the Oland Centre promptly at 9:15 a.m. and 2:45 p.m.
- Degree Candidates will wear gowns and the hood of the degree to be received. Colours of the lining of the hood are exposed over the left shoulder, velvet trim and black shell on the right shoulder.
- Diploma Candidates will wear gowns and collar or the hood of any degree already received.
- Graduates shall be arranged so that they are four abreast, according to their listing in the official Convocation program.
- What to do: When the procession reaches the Keating Centre led by the Ceremonial Officer, go into the row indicated and proceed to the last available seat.
When the faculty and stage party enter, all stand and remain standing for the national anthem and the invocation. Then you will be signalled to be seated.
- Graduates: Upon signal, an entire row will rise and proceed by the side aisle to the steps leading to the stage. Stand on the top step and when your name is called, proceed to stage centre and pause. Shake hands with the Chancellor and President. Continue across the stage, down the steps and return to your seat via the aisle as indicated by the usher.
- Final Procession: Follow the stage party and the faculty from the hall in orderly fashion, two abreast, one row at a time. Proceed directly outside, unless otherwise instructed. In the event of inclement weather, only the stage party and faculty will leave in procession.
8:15 a.m., Procession forms, Main Gym, Oland Centre
- Medallists and Senior Class Speaker regardless of degree, at front of the procession, lining up to right of the door leading outside, West Wall
- Masters of Science, Education, Adult Education, West Wall, behind medallists
- Bachelor of Education, West Wall
- Bachelor of Science, North Wall
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, East Wall
- Bachelor of Science in Human Nutrition, East Wall
- Bachelor of Science in Human Kinetics and Bachelor of Arts in Human Kinetics, South Wall
- Diploma in Engineering and Diploma in Integrated Dietetic Internship, South Wall
1:45 p.m., Procession forms, Main Gym, Oland Centre
- Medallists and Senior Class Speaker regardless of degree, at front of procession, forming up to right of the door leading outside, West Wall
- Bachelor of Arts, West/North Wall
- Bachelor of Business Administration, East Wall
- Bachelor of Information Systems, East Wall
- Bachelor of Music, South Wall
- Diploma in Jazz Studies, South Wall
NOTE: If you miss the Convocation at which your degree is conferred, you cannot receive it at the other Convocation.
Contact Wendy Hayne, Registrar’s Office – (902) 867-2378 / email@example.com
Contact Michelle White, Advancement Office – (902) 867-5018 / firstname.lastname@example.org