StFX Chapel– Saturday, April 30, 2016
Xaverian Farewell and Farewell Reception
The Academic Procession prior to the ceremony will form at 7:30 p.m. in the courtyard at Xavier Hall. In the event of inclement weather, an alternate location will be announced.
- Form in twos. Readers and designated participants head the procession, behind one another in the left-hand column.
- Graduates will wear gowns to the Ceremony. Hoods are not worn by graduates until Convocation.
- Gowns should be worn to the Farewell Reception in Bloomfield Centre following the ceremony.
- Upon entering the Chapel, the right-hand column of students will enter the rows to the right. The left-hand column will enter the rows to the left. If you wish to sit with someone, that person should be in front of you or behind you in line.
- Proceed to the end of the row and remain standing until signalled to sit down by the Ceremonial Officer.
- At the conclusion of the ceremony, exit from the Chapel in two columns by the centre aisle. Weather permitting, proceed down the walkway to University Avenue, forming the candlelit honour guard.
- Keep your candles lit until the procession of faculty and dignitaries have walked through the honour guard.